One of the most effective ways to eat a healthier diet is to examine our relationship with food. Oftentimes, we eat when we are stressed, sad, or bored. We also sometimes choose to eat something unhealthy when a healthy option is available. We know these things aren’t good, but we still do them because of an imbalanced relationship with food. How do we solve this issue? Intuitive eating.
What Is Intuitive Eating?
Intuitive eating rejects common diet culture ideas that there are good or bad foods. Instead, it believes that you should learn to listen to your body on what to eat. Intuitive eating believes that what your body wants is what is the best thing to eat at that moment. It’s about connecting with yourself to understand what foods in what quantities make you feel good and what makes you feel bad. Intuitive eating is about using that internal compass to guide you on a path to healthier eating.
What Are The Benefits Of Intuitive Eating?
There are many benefits to intuitive eating. Most of these benefits come from eating a healthier diet including:
● Improved satisfaction with your body
● Decreased anxiety, depression, and stress levels
● Reduction of disordered eating and a healthier appetite
● Weight loss or maintenance
● Less fatigue and more sustained energy
● More restful night’s sleep
Enjoying these benefits starts by learning how to eat intuitively.
Tips For Intuitive EatingIntuitive eating takes a lot of patience and practice to learn. Here are some tips to help you get started:
● Reject the diet mentality and removed any diet-based goals
● Learn to recognize when you are hungry and feel your hunger
● Learn to recognize when you are full and feel your fullness
● Challenge your negative ideas about food with mindfulness
● Savor each bite of food
● Remove restrictions from food and remove any “forbidden” foods from your mind
● Learn to love and respect the body you are in and treat that body with kindness
These tips will help you become an intuitive eater. Just remember learning to eat intuitively takes time because you are changing your lifelong relationship with food. Take your time and don’t put any extra pressure on yourself.
Intuitive eating can help us change our relationship with food, our bodies, and our health. A great way to support a healthier diet is with functional beverages. Functional beverages like All Phenoms Daily contain vitamins, minerals, and adaptogens that can help beat stress and support intuitive eating.