Our body is an interconnected system. For us to stay healthy, all parts of our body need to stay in balance. One of the most important parts of this system is our gastrointestinal system, aka our gut. Our guts are the main system for taking in and processing the nutrients our bodies need. Supporting a healthy gut ensures that our bodies stay in balance.
Why Gut Health Matters
Our gut includes our mouth, esophagus, small and large intestines, stomach, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, and colon. Each part of this system is used to process food and distribute nutrients, fight disease, and communicate with the rest of our body. Thus, your gut health impacts all other parts of your body. It supports a healthy cardiovascular system, nervous system, and immune system. When your gut health is in balance, all the rest of your body’s natural systems run smoothly.
What Makes A Healthy Gut
The most important part of a healthy gut is the microbiome. Your gut microbiome has around 200 different microorganisms that help our bodies process food, support our immune system, and destroy harmful pathogens. In the microbiome are both healthy and unhealthy microbes. Sometimes this microbiome becomes unbalanced with more harmful microorganisms than helpful ones.
How Can You Support A Healthy Gut
The best way to support a healthy gut is to support a balanced microbiome. Here are some simple ways to support your gut health:
● Eat a diverse variety of foods to have a more diverse microbiome
● Add plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, and beans to your diet
● Make sure to get plenty of healthy whole grains like wheat, barley, and rye
● Enjoy fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi, or sauerkraut
● Get plenty of sleep and exercise regularly
● Take good care of your oral health with thorough hygiene practices
● Eat foods with polyphenols like dark chocolate, red grapes, and blueberries
● Add lots of spices to help remove unhealthy bacteria
● Avoid anything heavily processed or with too many artificial ingredients
● Reduce your stress and avoid emotional eating
These diet and lifestyle tips will help you support your gut health. Another healthy option is to supplement with probiotics.
If you are looking for a tasty way to supplement your probiotics, try All Phenoms functional beverages. All flavors of All Phenoms contain probiotics to support a healthy gut. Try them all with our variety pack. Your gut will thank you!