Did you know the average person spends 7.5 hours a day behind a screen? Did you know that people spend 90% of their life indoors? Unfortunately, spending too much time indoors behind a screen is extremely unhealthy. Spending all your time indoors creates a sedentary lifestyle that contributes to various health issues like obesity and cardiovascular problems. Furthermore, prolonged indoor confinement reduces healthy exposure to natural light and fresh air, increasing stress, anxiety, and even depression.
Feeling Blah? Go Outside!
Fortunately, you can combat these health effects by rediscovering the outdoors. Spending time in nature offers a powerful antidote to the health impacts of our sedentary indoor lifestyles. Being active outside helps improve cardiovascular health, increase muscle strength, and enhance flexibility, combating the physical consequences of prolonged sitting. Additionally, fresh air and sunshine trigger the release of endorphins and reduce stress hormones, leading to improved mental well-being and emotional resilience.
How To Get Outside More
Finding time to get outside can be a little tricky, but it is essential for your health. Here are some ideas to help get you back out in nature:
1. Take A Daily Walk: Incorporate a brisk walk into your daily routine, whether around your neighborhood or a nearby park. You can also take them on your lunch break at work.
2. Workout Outside: Take your exercise routine outdoors. You can easily do workouts that don't require special equipment, like yoga, calisthenics, and interval training outside.
3. Ride Your Bike: Consider using your bicycle for commuting. If your work is too far to ride, consider taking your bike on local errands like grocery runs.
4. Start A Garden: A small garden will help get you outside every day and can encourage physical exercise. If you grow veggies, you'll get the added bonus of fresh produce.
5. Play A Sport: Join a local sports league or gather friends for a game of soccer, frisbee, or basketball at a nearby sports facility.
On the weekends, consider spending even more time outside by hiking, camping, or going to the local park or natural feature.
Going outside is essential to support a healthy lifestyle. Remember, when you head out, bring wellness drinks. Wellness drinks support hydration and have the nutrients you need to help keep you energized while exploring outside. We recommend taking an All Phenoms variety pack. Each of our functional beverages offers nutritional support for outdoor living and will help you stay hydrated even on hot days.